College & Career Seminar
What is Career & College Seminar?
Career & College Seminar is a freshmen transition course with some important outcomes for students. C&C uses the Get Focused, Stay Focused Curriculum to prepare students for life beyond high school. Students with goals and steps to reach those goals for life after high school, make personalized and better choices during their high school and college career.
Why is this opportunity important for my child?
The Get Focused, Stay Focused Curriculum provided an impactful Freshmen Transition Model that has been shown to:
- Focus students on school programs which matches their interests
- Improve engagement in high school classes and programs
- Improve school grade while in high school
- Improve eligibility for colleges, technical training programs, and career entry
- Earn college credits at no cost, while in high school
How will this class benefit my child after high school?
- Students understand their lifestyle needs such as personal finance, family planning, and career interests.
- Students are prepared to choose a career which builds on their interests and strengths.
- Students are linked to college and career programs that match their interests and strengths.
- Students have earned college credit which can save time and money while attending
- Students are more likely to complete a college degree or technical program program.
What does C&C Offer that my students cannot get elsewhere?
- C&C is taught by a teacher dedicated to freshmen needs.
- This course builds the important relationship connections among all students and school.
- Every student develops a 10-Year Career & College Plan.
- Students receive Dual Enrollment Credit.